GAME DAY | ICE begin three-game home stand against division rival Hurricanes
Cranbrook, B.C. – The Kootenay ICE (24-29-3-0) begin a three-game home stand against the Lethbridge Hurricanes (25-23-6-0) on Monday.
Puck drop is scheduled for 2 p.m. MST.
The ICE are 12-10-1-0 against the Central Division this season and have defeated each team in their division at least once.
ICE 2017-18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Alec Baer (23)
Assists: Colton Kroeker (39)
Points: Colton Kroeker (51)
PIMS: Jonathan Smart (51)
Plus/Minus: Michael King (+2)
Wins: Matt Berlin (14)
The ICE return home after a four-game Saskatchewan road trip, where they went 1-3-0-0. The ICE are coming off a 6-0 loss to the Moose Jaw Warriors on Saturday. Brett Howden and Brayden Burke each scored two goals for the Warriors while defencemen Dmitri Zaitsev and Branden Schuldhaus added the others. The ICE were outshot 34-15. The ICE went 0-for-2 on the power play, 3-for-4 on the penalty kill and won 20-of-44 face-offs.
The ICE have collected 51 points this season, which is good for third in the Central Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference. The ICE are five points back of the Hurricanes for second spot in the division.
The ICE are 4-6-0-0 in their last 10 games and have a home record of 14-11-2-0.
– ’97-born forward Colton Veloso is two goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis is seven goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
– ’97-born forward Colton Kroeker is four goals away from 50 career WHL goals. Kroeker is also four assists away from 100 career WHL assists.
– ’97-born forward Alec Baer is five assists away from 100 career WHL assists.
– ’99-born defenceman Sam Huston is 4 games away from playing in 100 career WHL games.
– ’00-born forward Bradley Ginnell is 4 games away from playing in 100 career WHL games.
– ’00-born forward Kaeden Taphorn is 4 games away from playing in 100 career WHL games.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis has 27 points in his last 23 games.
– ’97-born forward Colton Kroeker has 22 points in his last 20 games.
– ’97-born forward Alec Baer has 14 points in the last 14 games.
– ’97-born forward Colton Veloso has 14 points in the last 13 games.
Hurricanes 2017-18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Jordy Bellerive (37)
Assists: Calen Addison (43)
Points: Jordy Bellerive (73)
PIMS: Matthew Stanley (70)
Plus/Minus: Ty Prefontaine (+16)
Wins: Logan Flodell (31)
The Lethbridge Hurricanes conclude a three-game road trip against the Kootenay ICE on Monday. The ‘Canes previously visited Moose Jaw and Regina – both of which were losses. Following Monday’s game, the Hurricanes return home and host Tri-City, Saskatoon and Kootenay before heading back to Cranbrook to face the ICE on Sunday, February 18.
The ‘Canes are coming off a 4-2 loss to the Regina Pats on Saturday. Logan Barlage and Brad Morrison netted the goals for the ‘Canes while goaltender Logan Flodell made 30-saves.
The Hurricanes have collected 56 points this season, which has them in second in the Central Division and fifth in the Eastern Conference.
The Hurricanes are 4-4-2-0 in their last 10 games and have a road record of 10-15-2-0.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is the fifth meeting of the season between the ICE and the Hurricanes.
The last time these two teams met on January 23 the ICE picked up a 7-2 victory. The ICE are 1-3-0-0 against the ‘Canes this season.
These two teams will play twice more before the season is done – on Saturday, February 17 and Sunday, February 18.
The ICE are 6-6-0-0 in the last 12 games at Western Financial Place against the Hurricanes. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 10-15-0-0 in the last 25 games against the ‘Canes.
ICE v HURRICANES COMPARISONS
|PP||41-240 (17.1%)||57-211 (27.0%)|
|PK||40-193 (79.3%)||46-212 (78.3%)|