GAME DAY | ICE visit Memorial Cup host Regina Pats
Cranbrook, B.C. – The Kootenay ICE (23-28-3-0) play their third game of a four-game Saskatchewan road trip against the Regina Pats (28-22-5-0) on Friday, February 9.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. CST.
ICE 2017-18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Alec Baer (22)
Assists: Colton Kroeker (38)
Points: Colton Kroeker (49)
PIMS: Jonathan Smart (51)
Plus/Minus: Michael King (+2)
Wins: Matt Berlin (14)
The ICE enter Friday’s matchup with the Pats on a five-game losing streak. The ICE are coming off a heartbreaking 4-3 loss to the Prince Albert Raiders on Wednesday. The Raiders got a goal from Jordy Stallard with under two minutes remaining in the game to pick up the victory. The ICE got goals from Alec Baer, Sebastian Streu and Cam Hausinger while goaltender Duncan McGovern made 30-saves.
The ICE have collected 49 points this season, which is good for third in the Central Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE are 4-6-0-0 in their last 10 games and have a road record of 9-17-1-0.
– ’98-born defenceman Dallas Hines is one point away from reaching 50 career WHL points.
– ’97-born forward Colton Veloso is two goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis is seven goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
– ’97-born forward Colton Kroeker is five goals away from 50 career WHL goals. Kroeker is also five assists away from 100 career WHL assists.
– ’97-born forward Alec Baer is six assists away from 100 career WHL assists.
– ’99-born defenceman Sam Huston is 6 games away from playing in 100 career WHL games.
– ’00-born forward Bradley Ginnell is 6 games away from playing in 100 career WHL games.
– ’00-born forward Kaeden Taphorn is 6 games away from playing in 100 career WHL games.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis has 26 points in his last 21 games.
– ’97-born forward Colton Kroeker has 20 points in his last 18 games.
– ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs has 11 points in his last 11 games.
– ’97-born forward Alec Baer has 13 points in the last 12 games.
– ’97-born forward Colton Veloso has 13 points in the last 11 games.
Pats 2017-18 Club Leaders:
Goals: Cameron Hebig (38)
Assists: Sam Steel (37)
Points: Cameron Hebig (73)
PIMS: Matt Bradley (68)
Plus/Minus: Josh Mahura (+31)
Wins: Ryan Kubic (13)
The Regina Pats enter Friday’s game on a three-game winning streak and currently hold down the first wild card spot in the Eastern Conference. The Pats are coming off a 5-2 victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings on Tuesday. Sam Steel collected four points (2G, 2A) in the game and was named first star. The Pats also got goals from Cameron Hebig, Emil Oksanen and Josh Mahura.
The Pats have amassed 61 points this season, which has them in fourth in the East Division and seventh in the Eastern Conference.
The Pats are 6-3-1-0 in their last 10 games and have a home record of 19-9-2-0.
HEAD TO HEAD
This is the third meeting of the season between the ICE and the Pats.
The Pats have collected wins in the first two games of this four-game season series. These two teams meet again on March 9 at Western Financial Place.
The ICE are 2-5-0-0 in their last seven games against the Pats in Regina. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 5-7-2-0 in their last 14 games against the Pats.
ICE v PATS COMPARISONS
|PP||40-236 (16.9%)||53-226 (23.5%)|
|PK||39-184 (78.8%)||61-245 (75.1%)|