Cranbrook, B.C. – The Kootenay ICE Hockey Club announced on Wednesday the schedule for its 2018 Training Camp presented by Wildstone Golf Course.
It begins with Skills Camp on Friday, August 24. Skills Camp includes eight ice times, fitness testing, workouts, player development meetings and presentations with ICE staff members and guest coaches. In addition, Skills Camp will feature five guest coaches, which include:
- Jon Rempel – Head Coach – University of Manitoba Women’s Hockey
- Cory Spring – Coach – Peewee AA BP Wings, Power Edge Pro
- Brad Kirkwood – Goaltending Coach – University of Calgary Men’s Hockey, Top Prospects Goaltending, Hockey Canada
- Gina Kingsbury – Skating Coach – Hockey Canada
- Rick Jensen – Speaking about Performance Mindset
Main Camp begins on Sunday, August 26 and includes 12 ice times, fitness testing, video sessions, meetings and presentations with ICE staff members. In addition, a BBQ will take place involving players, parents, billets and ICE staff, presented by Wildstone Golf Course. Drinks will be provided by Selkirk Beverages.
In the coming days, the training camp roster will be announced. Also, stay tuned for an announcement regarding the 2018 Training Camp Showcase presented by The Brick.
Training Camp sessions held at Western Financial Place are free to the public, however, donations to the ICE Education Fund are greatly appreciated.
Purchase your Kootenay ICE 2018-19 season seats today. Get yours at the ICE Gear Store at Western Financial Place, by calling 250-417-0322 or online at www.ICEcountry.ca.