On Saturday, October 14, the Kootenay ICE will be holding its WHL Suits Up with Don Cherry to Promote Organ Donation – Presented by RE/MAX event.
The event includes:
- First 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a special-edition Don Cherry bobblehead
- Fans will receive a limited-edition Don Cherry trading card, courtesy of Upper Deck
- Miniature helmets will be available on the concourse for $5 with the proceeds going towards The Kidney Foundation of Canada
- A selfie station with a cardboard cut out of Don Cherry will be set up on the concourse
- Six (6) player autograph session after the game
The ICE will also be wearing customized plaid jerseys during the game. A silent auction will begin for the jerseys on October 12 and continue for 10 days. Bids start at $150 and a jersey can be bought outright for $400. Bids can be placed at the ICE office beginning October 12 and at every ICE home game during the 10-day stretch. The proceeds from the jerseys will go towards the local chapter of The Kidney Foundation. In addition to game-worn uniforms, fans will have the chance to bid on one (1) Don Cherry-autographed jersey.
Fans who purchase tickets to the game will receive $10 wings and a Don Cherry limited edition hockey card package at Don Cherry’s Sports Grill. The offer is only for October 14. Shivers will also make an appearance from 5-6 p.m. and fans will be able to take photos with the ICE mascot. Tickets to the game can be purchased at ICEcountry.ca, at the ICE Gear Store at Western Financial Place or by calling 250-417-0322.
To receive more information on this promotion or to sign up to be a donor visit CanadaDonates.ca for more details.