Cranbrook, B.C. – The Kootenay ICE (3-4-1-1) continues its three-game road stretch when it visits the Red Deer Rebels (6-3-1-0) on Saturday night.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
ICE 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Davis Murray, Jaeger White (4)
Assists: Peyton Krebs (8)
Points: Peyton Krebs (11)
PIMS: Brad Ginnell (17)
Plus/ Minus: Jakin Smallwood (+5)
Wins: Duncan McGovern (3)
The ICE are coming off of a 6-3 loss to the Lethbridge Hurricanes on Tuesday, October 16, 2018. Cam Hausinger, Jaeger White and Dallas Hines scored the goals for the ICE, while Brett Davis registered two assists. Goaltender Jesse Makaj stopped 37-of-43 shots. The ICE were outshot 43-33. The ICE went 2-for-5 on the power play, 3-for-3 on the penalty kill and won 28-of-74 face-offs.
The ICE have amassed eight points this season, which is fifth in the Central Division and ninth in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE have a road record of 0-2-0-1.
– ’98-born defenceman Dallas Hines is six assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
– ’98-born forward Jaeger White is seven assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
– ’98-born defenceman Dallas Hines is five games away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’99-born forward Cam Hausinger is one game away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’99-born defenceman Jonathan Smart is 10 games away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis is seven games away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs is 17 games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs has 11 points in nine games (3G, 8A).
– ’02-born forward Connor McClennon has six points (2G, 4A) in eight games.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis has seven points (3G, 4A) in five games.
– ’99-born forward Davis Murray has seven points (4G, 3A) in eight games.
– ’98-born forward Jaeger White has eight points (4G, 4A) in nine games.
– ’99-born forward Cam Hausinger has six points (3G, 3A) in six games.
Rebels 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Brandon Hagel (8)
Assists: Brandon Hagel (11)
Points: Brandon Hagel (19)
PIMS: Hunter Donohoe, Chris Douglas (13)
Plus/ Minus: Jeff de Wit, Ethan Sakowich (+7)
Wins: Ethan Anders (5)
The Rebels host the ICE for the first time this season on Saturday, October 20, 2018. The Rebels are in the middle of a four-games in five-days stretch that started on Friday. The Rebels are coming off of a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oil Kings on Friday. Brandon Hagel potted four goals and Alex Morozoff netted the other while Ethan Sakowich registered two assists. Goaltender Ethan Anders stopped 41-of-43 shots that came his way. The Rebels were outshot 43-25. They went 0-for-2 on the power play, 3-for-5 on the penalty kill and won 28-of-61 face-offs.
The Rebels have collected 13 points this season, which is good for first in the Central Division and fourth in the Eastern Conference.
The Rebels have a home record of 4-1-0-0.
HEAD TO HEAD
The ICE went 5-1-0-1 against the Rebels last season.
The ICE finished the 2017-18 regular season with two-straight victories against the Rebels (6-2, 5-0).
The ICE are 3-6-0-1 in the last 10 games against the Rebels in Red Deer. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 7-12-1-1 in the last 21 games against the Rebels.
ICE V REBELS COMPARISONS
The game can be streamed online by visiting 102.9 FM The Drive’s website. To listen to the game, click on the link provided >> CLICK HERE