PRE-GAME REPORT presented by St. Eugene | ICE visit Oil Kings for first time this season
Edmonton, AB – The Kootenay ICE (3-4-2-1) conclude a three-game road stretch when it visits the Edmonton Oil Kings (5-7-0-1) on Sunday.
Puck drop is scheduled for 4 p.m. MT.
ICE 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Jaeger White (6)
Assists: Peyton Krebs (9)
Points: Peyton Krebs (12)
PIMS: Brad Ginnell (17)
Plus/ Minus: Jakin Smallwood (+5)
Wins: Duncan McGovern (3)
The ICE are coming off of a 4-3 overtime loss to the Red Deer Rebels on Saturday, October 20, 2018. Jaeger White potted two goals for the ICE while Brett Davis scored the other. Martin Bodak, Peyton Krebs, Brett Davis, Cam Hausinger and Brad Ginnell recorded assists while goaltender Duncan McGovern stopped 28-of-32 shots. The shots between the ICE and Rebels were even at 32. ICE went 2-for-6 on the power play, 4-for-5 on the penalty kill and won 29-of-65 face-offs.
ICE forward Cam Hausinger is expected to play in his 200th career WHL regular season game on Sunday.
The ICE have amassed nine points this season, which is good for sixth in the Central Division and 10th in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE have a road record of 0-2-1-1.
– ’98-born defenceman Dallas Hines is six assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
– ’98-born forward Jaeger White is seven assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
– ’98-born defenceman Dallas Hines is five games away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’99-born defenceman Jonathan Smart is nine games away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis is six games away from 200 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs is 16 games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
– ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs has 12 points in 10 games (3G, 9A).
– ’99-born forward Brett Davis has nine points (4G, 5A) in six games.
– ’99-born forward Davis Murray has seven points (4G, 3A) in nine games.
– ’98-born forward Jaeger White has 10 points (6G, 4A) in 10 games.
– ’99-born forward Cam Hausinger has seven points (3G, 4A) in seven games.
– ’00-born forward Brad Ginnell has three points (0G, 3A) in three games.
OIL KINGS PREVIEW
Oil Kings 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Vince Loschiavo (8)
Assists: Trey Fix-Wolansky (13)
Points: Trey Fix-Wolansky (20)
PIMS: Conner McDonald (18)
Plus/ Minus: Trey Fix-Wolansky (+5)
Wins: Dylan Myskiw (3)
The Oil Kings enter Sunday’s contest on an eight-game losing game. Its last win came on September 29 against the Calgary Hitmen. The Oil Kings are coming off of a 5-2 loss to the Red Deer Rebels on Friday, October 19. Jake Neighbours and Trey Fix-Wolansky scored the goals for the Oil Kings while goaltender Boston Bilous stopped 20-of-25 shots. The Oil Kings outshot the Rebels 43-25. They went 2-for-5 on the power play, 2-for-2 on the penalty kill and won 33-of-61 face-offs.
The Oil Kings have collected 11 points this season, which is good for fourth in the Central Division and eighth in the Eastern Conference.
The Oil Kings have a home record of 3-2-0-0.
HEAD TO HEAD
The ICE are 1-0-0-0 against the Oil Kings this season. Last time these two teams met, the ICE collected a 5-4 shootout victory.
These two teams will meet again on Friday, October 26 in Cranbrook.
The ICE are 4-3-2-0 in the last nine games against the Oil Kings at Rogers Place. Overall, both home and away, the ICE are 6-9-4-0 in the last 19 games against the Oil Kings.
ICE V OIL KINGS COMPARISONS
|PP||11/44 (25.0%)||12/59 (20.3%)|
|PK||6/35 (82.9%)||13/53 (75.5)%|
The game can be streamed online by visiting 102.9 FM The Drive’s website. To listen to the game, click on the link provided >> CLICK HERE