PRE-GAME REPORT presented by St. Eugene | ICE visit Tri-City Americans for first time since January 2017
Kennewick, WA – The Kootenay ICE (11-33-7-1) visit the Tri-City Americans (27-19-2-1) for the first and only time this season on Friday, February 8.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. PT.
The last time the ICE played a regular season game in Kennewick, Washington was in January 2017.
ICE 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Jaeger White (21)
Assists: Peyton Krebs (40)
Points: Peyton Krebs (57)
PIMS: Davis Murray (56)
Plus/ Minus: Chase Hartje (+11)
Wins: Duncan McGovern (6)
The ICE are coming off of a 6-3 loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers on February 6. The ICE received goals from Jakin Smallwood, Brad Ginnell and Peyton Krebs. Smallwood led the way for the ICE with two points (1G, 1A). Goaltender Jesse Makaj stopped 45-of-50 shots. The Tigers got goals from Ryan Chyzowski (x2), Ryan Jevne (x2), Tyler Preziuso and Cole Clayton. The ICE were outshot 51-26. They went 2-for-4 on the power play, 1-for-4 on the penalty kill and won 36-of-75 face-offs.
The ICE have amassed 30 points this season, which is good for sixth in the Central Division and 11th in the Eastern Conference.
The ICE have a road record of 4-16-4-1.
- ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs is 15 goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
- ’98-born forward Jaeger White is 14 goals away from 50 career WHL goals.
- ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs is 18 assists away from 100 career WHL assists.
- ’99-born defenceman Chase Hartje is 15 assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
- ’98-born defenceman Martin Bodak is 12 assists away from 50 career WHL assists.
- ’98-born forward Jaeger White is four points away from 100 career WHL points.
- ’01-born defenceman Zachary Patrick is 19 games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
- ’00-born forward Austin Schellenberg is nine games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
- ’00-born defenceman Marco Creta is 20 games away from 100 career WHL regular season games played.
- ’02-born forward Connor McClennon has points in four of his last five games (3G, 2A).
- ’01-born forward Peyton Krebs has points in eight of his last nine games (3G, 7A).
- ’01-born forward Cole Muir has four points in his last five games (0G, 4A).
- ’00-born forward Austin Schellenberg has points in six of his last seven games (3G, 3A).
- ’98-born forward Jaeger White has points in six of his last eight games (5G, 3A).
Americans 2018-19 Club Leaders:
Goals: Parker AuCoin (27)
Assists: Aaron Hyman (31)
Points: Parker AuCoin (53)
PIMS: Nolan Yaremko (87)
Plus/ Minus: Blake Stevenson (+8)
Wins: Beck Warm (25)
The Tri-City Americans host the Kootenay ICE for the first and only time this season on Friday, February 8. Friday’s game is the second of a three-game homestand for the Americans. In fact, between February 5 and February 22, the Americans play seven-of-nine games on home ice. The Americans play 13 games in the month of February. Friday’s game is the fourth of the month for the Americans. Heading into Friday’s game, the Americans are fourth in the U.S. Division and seventh in the Western Conference.
The Americans are coming off of a 5-3 victory over the Portland Winterhawks on February 5. The Americans received goals from Connor Bouchard (x2), Parker AuCoin, Samuel Huo and Nolan Yaremko. Goaltender Beck Warm stopped 30-of-33 shots. The Americans outshot the Winterhawks 35-33. They went 2-for-6 on the power play, 3-for-3 on the penalty kill and won 31-of-55 face-offs.
The Americans have collected 57 points this season, which is good for fourth in the U.S. Division and seventh in the Western Conference.
The Americans have a home record of 13-7-2-0.
HEAD TO HEAD
The ICE and the Americans only meet once during the 2018-19 regular season. In fact, these two teams only see each other once a season. The last time these two teams met was on February 16, 2018 in Cranbrook. The ICE haven’t visited the Americans during the regular season since January 20, 2017.
The ICE are 1-2-0-0 in the last three games against the Americans.
ICE v AMERICANS
|PP||44-219 (20.1%)||34-193 (17.6%)|
|PK||129-185 (69.7%)||159-193 (82.4%)|
The game can be streamed online by visiting 102.9 FM The Drive’s website. To listen to the game, click on the link provided >> CLICK HERE